Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 month Placement programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. In Supplier Technical Assistance we work collaboratively across the business to enable the pace of technology development by creating a dynamic and responsive external supply chain. The team is responsible for ensuring that quality assured parts are delivered from our external suppliers on time, to specification and to the required quantities in order to meet the business’s evolving needs.
Job no: 497526
Work type: Student
Department: Quality (Div)
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our students with a scheme which will provide exposure to our Formula 1 programs.
To do this you will;
- Support Engineering, Purchasing and external suppliers to resolve technical challenges and assure part conformance to drawings, specifications and requirements
- Engage with the part design process to ensure that engineers are aware of quality history and known supplier challenges and provide effective design for manufacture capability and cost optimisation
- Determine supplier capability and capacity, and provide technical support to achieve supplier readiness
- Work closely with Purchasing and Engineering to maintain relationships with our most capable and efficient suppliers
- Champion process improvements with suppliers to optimise their technical capability to manufacture to our requirements
- Ensure alignment to programme deliverables to support on-time, parts-in-stores delivery dates
- Deliver quality based statistics to help monitor the performance of the team and suppliers
What can we offer you?
We can offer you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre. Supported by a wealth of expertise, you will take on the challenges faced when delivering championship-winning Formula 1 parts, services and programmes. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Formula 1 whilst enhancing your knowledge base and skillset, supplementing your current degree learning.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- Enrolled on a relevant Mechanical / Automotive / Mechatronics / Motorsport / Aeronautical Engineering or related degree e.g. Maths / Sciences, and on course for a 2:1 degree or higher
- A strong academic background in relevant A-Levels (Maths / Sciences) or equivalent disciplines
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Practical “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
- Courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview will take place between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the results in due course. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.