Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to Formula Careers or formulacareers.com
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are a small not-for-profit initiative.
- aside Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
bilaterally The reason we use this basis: We will only store process your personal data if you have specifically given it to us or submitted your details in a data collection form on the website. You will have given your data to us to be informed for relevant changes/new content on our website or to receive a survey/interview invitation for inclusion on the website.
identically We process your information in the following ways: We will store your data on our secure cloud-based CRM system and in our Email Marketing provider.
Data retention period: Your details will be stored for as long as you are happy for us to do so. You may object to the processing of your personal data at any time by sending your email address to [email protected]. There is no real lifecycle to the age of information on our website as it will always be updated with current information, therefore we assume that you will always be legitimately interested in this information, unless you tell us otherwise
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Gravatar – Your Gravatar is an image that follows you from site to site appearing beside your name when you do things like comment or post on a blog. You will only see this if you have a Gravatar account.
- WordPress – wordpress_logged_in: Checks whether or not the current visitor is a logged in WordPress.com user.
- WordPress – wp-settings: Persists a user’s wp-admin configuration
- WordPress – wp_sharing: Checks if a logged in user has performed a certain action
- Cloudflare – DYNSERV – Used by our DNS provider to allow for load balancing of website traffic
- Cloudlare – cfuid – Used by our content delivery network provider to help with the performance of the website
- Google Analytics – ga/git/gat/AMP_TOKEN/gac – We use Google Analytics to produce analytics of the website in order that we can see what is working well and what we need to improve.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website does not contain any adverts, affiliate tracking or sponsored links. If this changes at any point in the future, it will be detailed in this section.
Email marketing messages & subscription
As stated above, we use Legitmate Interest as the lawful basis to process your persona data. If you have given us permission, we use PECR consent for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an ESP, email service provider. An ESP is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.
Our EMS provider is Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Email address
- First and last name if provided
- I.P address
- Subscription time & date
- Email engagement history
- Email subscription status and history