Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains offer a 2 year Purchasing Graduate scheme which will allow you the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre alongside some of Formula 1’s best talent and have a direct influence on the performance of the team. In Purchasing and Logistics we enable and directly influence the pace of technology development and the transference of this to the road or track by creating and managing a dynamic and responsive external direct and indirect supply chain. We achieve this by ensuring the quality, delivery and cost of all goods and services meet the stakeholders’ requirements, by working collaboratively across the business to execute the sourcing of all parts and services, delivering them on time and to specification.
Job no: 497518
Work type: Student
Department: Purchasing & Logistics (Div)
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Students with exposure to multiple areas within the business and the potential to experience first-hand multiple aspects of Purchasing and Logistics. Experience the supply chain cycle from new design concept to race, raising orders, expediting deliveries, managing the supply chain and driving supplier performance improvements.
There are 2 areas of Purchasing & Logistics (Motorsport) that you could be involved in:
- Direct Procurement: includes all procurement activities for Powertrain related components required to satisfy the demands generated by MRP, including tooling.
- Indirect Procurement: includes all procurement activities for goods and services required to support the maintenance, development and operations of the business, including CapEx.
During your time on the scheme you will have the opportunity to:
|Direct & Indirect Procurement
What can we offer you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career and to develop into a Technical Buyer or a wider Operations Management role. Aside from the experience of working in a multiple Championship winning team our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £33,000pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to thrive in a fast paced environment
- You will be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree, or above, in an Engineering, Science/Technology, Economics or Business Studies degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level disciplines, for example business studies, economics, maths or sciences, (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent communicator and able to build relationships at all levels including up to Managing Director level, internally and externally
- A conscientious and professional approach to work
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- An adaptable approach which will enable you to develop your skills
- An enthusiastic approach and a willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process:
Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an interview which will take place between November 2023 – January 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.