Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer 12 month Programme Management Placement Schemes in the following roles:
Hardware Coordination; be part of the team who ensure the timely delivery of approved Power Unit hardware, for internal and external usage, to a Top Level PowerUnit Plan (TLPUP). A role of significant responsibility, regularly liaising with the business’s key stakeholders, requiring confidence and interpersonal skills, alongside exceptional levels of organisation. Duties include, but are not exclusive to:
- Responsible for PU Hardware delivery, ownership and in-season maintenance
- Hardware Trackers and Shortage Status
- Product Kitting and Build Request amendments
- Build & Test scheduling and prioritization
Material Planning; be part of the team that manages and controls the Engineering defined Bill of Materials (BoM) for the entire PowerUnit, ensuring specification decisions and order strategies are well understood and respected by the business, to guarantee on-time material/component supply. A strategic parts management role, enforcing absolute alignment across Engineering, Programme Management, Manufacturing and Procurement. Duties include, but are not exclusive to:
- Full PU Bill of Material (BoM) ownership and maintenance
- Entire PU demand creation and management across multiple projects/programmes
- Processing of Engineering Change Notifications
- Bespoke Planning strategies for long lead-time and complex components
Both opportunities are intrinsically interlinked. Close collaboration, and naturally a degree of cross-over, is essential to maximise the department’s success and effectiveness.
In Programme Management, we ensure complex projects are managed through a number of technical, and often unpredictable, stages and gateways. These must be delivered to incredibly tight, yet non-negotiable, deadlines. We sit at the heart of Mercedes AMG HPP and are responsible for facilitating seamless interaction between all of HPP’s functions, via Programme clarity and status.
As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our Placement students, trusted with significant levels of responsibility from day 1, in order to maximise performance and continually develop capability. During the 12 months you will gain a solid understanding of the concepts and processes used, within fast moving and dynamic F1 programmes. You will develop specific skills utilising our bespoke Product LifeCycle (PLC) software, as well as SAP, Catia/LCA and Microsoft applications. There are opportunities to gain experience in the following sub-areas of Programme Management:
- V6 Product; work within the ICE & Turbo ‘Production’ group to deliver the full life-cycle of production engines, from Performance Demonstrators and Reliability Prove-out Power Units (PU’s), all the way through to Track Test and Race PU’s.
- ERS Product; Energy Recovery System (ERS) is a complex area of the PU, with significantly longer timescales and lifecyle compared to the V6 programme. Steep technical progression in this area is inevitable with the 2026 PU regulations on the horizon.
- Development; working closely with the Performance Development and Application groups to plan, implement and deliver testing programmes, through complex management of hardware, build resource and test cell availability, directly adding performance to the PU.
- Dyno, Rigs & Build Tooling; as important as ensuring we deliver championship winning PU products, is to ensure we continue to maintain track-representative state-of-the-art facilities to test them on. With ever-changing product specifications, due to the nature of an incredibly fast paced development environment, a pro-active area that manages a lot of change.
What can we offer you?
We offer our Programme Management Placement Students the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the industry’s best engineers. You’ll gain exposure to the breadth of Programme Management with the opportunity to fast track yourself onto the Graduate Scheme should you perform to an excellent standard during your placement year.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced high-pressure environment
- You will be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above in a relevant Engineering, Science or Technology subject
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level disciplines, for example business studies, economics, maths or sciences, (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrate exceptional levels of organisation, with the ability to manage periods of high work load, using calm and efficient prioritisation techniques
- The desire and enthusiasm to consistently deliver innovative solutions, as no problem or challenge is ever the same at HPP
- The courage to challenge, backed by a methodical, professional and conscientious approach
- The ability to work using your own initiative and take accountability
- A confident and natural communication style that is adaptable to your audience
- A relentless desire to win, willing to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter.
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Complete on-line psychometric testing.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre at HPP which will take place November 2023 – March 2024.
- If successful your scheme will start in August/September 2024.
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.