Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 2 year Programme Management Graduate Scheme which will tap into your passion and determination, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. In Programme Management we ensure complex projects are managed through a number of technical, and often unpredictable, stages to tight deadlines. We sit at the heart of Mercedes AMG HPP and are responsible for the delivery of Championship-Winning programmes and ground breaking Advanced Technology programmes. We achieve this by facilitating the interaction between Engineering, Operations and Test through to the road and race track.
Job no: 497523
Work type: Student
Department: Adv Tech Supply Chain
Purpose of the role is to…
- Learn about Programme Management and Operations in delivering world class programmes.
- Learn how to plan and coordinate Power Unit programmes, proactively ensuring the correct Power Unit hardware is available when required.
- Create transparency with regards to what the programme is targeting to deliver, when, and what’s needed to do it successfully.
- Identify and manage change; potential barriers to designs, hardware or material not meeting the programme requirements.
THEREFORE WE NEED YOU TO:
Be able to:
- Work methodically
- Show a strong level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication to deliver key information about the programme concisely and accurately.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Deliver innovative solutions; most of the problems we solve are not run of the mill
Demonstrate awareness of:
- Relevant computer programmes
- Project plans
- Engineering drawings
- Motorsport or similar industries
- Operating in a technical environment
- Studying towards and due to Graduate in an Engineering, Science or business based degree at 2:1 or above
- Keen to learn
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £33,000pa
- Performance bonus
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- The courage to challenge, backed by a methodical, professional and conscientious approach
- The ability to work using your own initiative and take accountability
- A natural communication style that is adaptable to your audience
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment centre between November 2023– March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.