Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 12 Month Motor Control Engineering Programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story and own your tenth of a second. You will take ownership for delivering innovative engineering solutions that can go from concept to race track, sometimes in a matter of days. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, using strong first principles to overcome challenges throughout the Power Unit’s lifecycle. As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our graduates with a rotation plan which will provide exposure to a breadth of engineering across a range of exciting and challenging projects spanning Formula 1 and Project ONE.
Job no: 497510
Work type: Student
Department: Calibration & Controls (Div)
As a successful Graduate in this area, you will design and implement control algorithms and supporting functionality for electric machines, develop calibrations to maximise machine performance and support testing. During your time on the Graduate scheme, dependent on your skills, you may have time in some of the following departments;
- Calibration and Controls; Define and deliver calibration and control system innovations that optimise energy flows to achieve the fastest Qualifying & Race laps and deliver outstanding driveability.
- Mechatronics and Chassis Engineering; designing new concepts, managing the integration of the Powerunit with the chassis, developing the ERS pack (electronic and mechanical components)
- Test Engineering; strive to recreate the racetrack and race-car environment to make each experiment as representative as possible. Engineer test rigs to push the components and systems of the Power Unit to their absolute limit and validate the underpinning simulations
In Advanced Technology, our mission is to help Mercedes be the technology leader in electric drives, in terms of performance, efficiency and sustainability.
- Advanced Technology Software; Define and deliver calibration and control system innovations that deliver best performance, optimal energy deployment and deliver outstanding drivability.
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the world’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre. You will be able to see your ideas raced in F1, or powering the revolutionary Project ONE hypercar. You will also have the opportunity to work towards chartered status with the IET and will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you throughout.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll have a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Electrical / Electronics Engineering or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Understand the control theory and algorithms used to control electric machines
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Complete on-line psychometric testing
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an Assessment centre between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful your scheme will start on Monday 2nd September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.