Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 2 year Materials Engineering Graduate Placement programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be an integral part of our Engineering Team, and using strong first principles engineering you will be expected to overcome engineering challenges throughout the Hybrid Power Unit’s lifecycle, from initial concept to on track performance. As a team we pride ourselves on challenging and developing our graduates, by providing exposure to the breadth of engineering within Formula 1 and Project ONE; working closely with many teams throughout the business to help continually improve our Power Unit.
Job no: 497517
Work type: Student
Department: Human Resources (Div)
As a Materials Engineering Graduate you will have the opportunity to play a key role within a team of specialist engineers, working on understanding the relationship between the structures we need to create, and the properties of a material to support performance and manufacturing feasibility. You’ll work to develop the key materials technologies, in order to enable continued performance and durability development of the Hybrid Power Unit.
You will develop the knowledge and confidence to actively contribute to the department through thorough failure analysis and reporting, material and process development, process control and material characterisation, with access to a wide variety of equipment. Having a curious, innovative and accountable character, the applicant will be able to demonstrate familiarity with a broad range of materials (metallic and non-metallic), processes and resultant properties. Awareness of material failure modes and analytical techniques would be advantageous. You will also gain experience in other areas of the business such as manufacturing, product engineering and test operations to gain a wider understanding of the workings of the business.
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology Centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the world’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre. You will be able to see your ideas raced in F1, Formula E and powering the revolutionary Project ONE hypercar.
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £33,000pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- Curious, tenacious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- To be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Materials Engineering / Metallurgy or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A-Level disciplines, for example maths or sciences (or equivalent qualification)
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, thorough engineers that are adaptable, creative and innovative
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview which will take place between November 2023 – February 2024.
- If successful your scheme will start in September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.