Website McLaren Racing
Formula 1 Team
At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, you will develop and maintain robust process controls within the Machine Shops and Additive Manufacturing. Contributing to the efficiency and effectiveness of current processes & controls as well as developing new processes to improve manufacturing efficiency and / or product quality.
This 1-year placement is suitable for a manufacturing engineering or design engineering degree student.
The close date for applications will be Thursday 29th, we cannot accept any new applications after this date.
- To quickly integrate into the team and work with the Senior Specialist to evaluate the existing processes and controls
- Ensure all current and new our processes comply with applicable health and safety standards
- Develop procedures and best practices to ensure product quality and common working methodologies across multiple shift patterns
- Document and publish new and existing operating procedures and best practice guides
- Support local and business-wide improvement initiatives working to meet the demands of other departments
- Draft process improvement ideals to reduce costs, increase throughput and promote production reliability through personal example
- Collect data, write reports, and present findings to the Head of Machining and Department Managers
- Design manufacturing jigs and fixtures appropriate to the metallic machining function
- Create stage models and drawings to support the manufacture of components
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- This role supports the year long industry placement from a manufacturing or design degree in engineering
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Experience of cross functional liaison, at university, in the workplace or in the hobby/charity environment
- Has participated in a team-orientated environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and MRP systems
- Experience of introducing new working practices
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement Methodologies and Control Mechanisms
- Ability to interpret and present data to drive effective change
- Knowledge or experience of lean six sigma methodology and principles
- Basic knowledge of a CAD/CAM system would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing systems would be advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate a growth mindset, learning and developing in role
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to adopt a professional and mature attitude to work and other people
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and highly self-motivated
- Proactive approach to improving the way we work
- Flexible to changes in daily pace and priorities
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure
- Team player – supports other team members, department strategies and processes as a whole
- Determined and resilient – results focused, driven to do the very best possible
What McLaren can offer?
We constantly strive to be better tomorrow than we are today. Our ambition is to be the most pioneering and exhilarating racing team in the world, and our collective task is to set the standards for high performance in sport. We show up every day with energy and enthusiasm, ready to play our part.
We encourage and support diversity, equity and inclusion. We will actively promote a culture that values difference and eliminates discrimination in our workplace.
McLaren Racing is based at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre (MTC) near Woking. Our state of the art, sustainable campus offers many facilities including a gym, swimming pool, restaurant and indoor and outdoor break-out areas, as well as direct access to park and common land. The MTC is connected to Woking mainline station via regular shuttle buses, from which London Waterloo is a 30 minute train ride.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including private healthcare, car schemes, life insurance and generous pension contributions.
To apply for this job please visit racingcareers.mclaren.com.