Website Red Bull Powertrains
For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Powertrains have exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to spend a year as part of our Powertrains of Energy Recovery System (ERS) Electronics’ team. The placements will run from summer of 2024 for one year and offer the opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm and apply your knowledge in an open and dynamic environment.
Based on our Milton Keynes campus, this placement opportunity will allow you to dive deep into the development process ERS Electronic components. Successful candidates will have a keen interest in one or more of the following areas: Electronic power conversion (DC/DC & DC/AC), high speed control electronics (Microcontroller & FPGA), sensor signal conditioning & measurement electronics (Amplifier, Filter & ADC), communication interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, FlexRay, SPI) and battery management systems.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience from undergraduate study on either an electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, or similar discipline
- Knowledge of electronic design and simulation tools (LTSpice or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of applying engineering mathematics to solving problems
- Experience handling, processing, and understanding data from either virtual or physical testing
The following experiences will be advantageous:
- Extracurricular activities like Formula Student, Solar Challenge, Internships or similar
- PCB schematic and layout
- Electronic circuit testing and debugging
- Commissioning of Test rigs
Key Attributes of the successful candidate:
- Positive, can-do, attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to follow best practice and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to logically and methodically investigate faults and failures
The placements will be for 1 year, starting in Summer 2024. To be please submit both your CV and a separate Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic student placement, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Advanced Technologies. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to engineering excellence.
Application closing date 23:59 (GMT) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Sat, 7 Oct 2023
To apply for this job please visit redbulltechnology.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.