Website Red Bull Racing
Formula 1 Team
For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Motorsport is the world’s most competitive engineering sector. At the pinnacle of motorsport, Formula One teams get to test their engineering prowess race by race against ultra-competitive peers in front of an audience measured in the hundreds of millions.
Working for Red Bull Racing is fundamentally different to working for any of our competitors. It has the technological expertise and facilities that you would come to expect from a world championship winning Formula One team but with an atmosphere that is uniquely Red Bull. Team spirit is the foundation of everything we do, with every job making a vital contribution to the development and racing of our Formula One cars. The work is not only demanding but the pace of development so fast that your feet will barely touch the ground – but job satisfaction really does not get any better than the winning feeling of making a real contribution to a grand prix-winning car.
Red Bull Technology is inviting candidates to apply for Industrial Placement positions within its Composite Design Department. Composite Design is fundamental to the creation of our F1 car. The chassis, impact structures, wings, bodywork are all composite assemblies, with far more to their design, manufacture & operation than might at first meet the eye!
The key accountabilities of this role are to:
- Have an organised and methodical approach to your work.
- Cover all aspects of Composite Design from clean sheet scheming/idea generation, tooling, detailed component design, assemblies, associated jigs, pit gear and supporting documentation.
- Be involved in material selection, laminate design, structural sign off and fault fixing.
- Show creativity, to suggest new ideas and concepts, and be involved in our wide ranging and ambitious composite R&D activity.
- Be confident in presenting your ideas and design work.
- Be prepared to be flexible to suit changing priorities and to go the extra mile as and when required.
- Candidates wishing to apply for this role should demonstrate an active interest in Composite Design, be studying towards a mechanical/aeronautical engineering degree (or similar), be computer literate and prepared to carry out hands-on tasks.
- To be eligible for this placement applicants must be returning to higher education to study for at least 1 year after their placement year. Confirmation of this should be in place at time of application. While we would like to open this opportunity up to all applicants these positions are intended to be a work placement for students currently undertaking higher education and is therefore the eligibility requirement. Please do not apply if you do not fall within the requirements for this position.
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Sat, 7 Oct 2023
To apply for this job please visit redbulltechnology.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.