Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains, we offer a 12 month Build Systems Placement programme which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be joining a group of incredible engineers with dedication and expertise to deliver hardware and systems needed to build one of, if not the most powerful Power Unit in the world of F1. You will be able to immerse yourself in decades of innovation and the relentless pursuit of performance as we push the boundaries of what is possible.
Job no: 497531
Work type: Student
Department: Assembly Systems (Div)
Your team will ensure the meticulously engineered and machined power unit components are assembled with precision, without fault, and with great repeatability. Without this function, the power unit as we know it today simply could not have been built. Your role would not include designing power unit components.
Being agile and fast is crucial as we rapidly develop tools, processes, and products towards the new Power Unit regulation changes for the start of the 2026 championship season. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your CAD skills in Siemens NX, work with our obligatory Faults System, and liaise with a myriad of divisions across the company: Automation, Engine Build, Project Management and Product Design, to name but a few.
An element of your role will be working closely with Project Management and Engine Build. Acquainting yourself with every Power Unit component by mapping them from a Bill of Materials to kits needed to assemble the engine at any given stage of its build; you will be orchestrating the requirements for stores to pick against.
You will also have the opportunity to help build the Internal Combustion Engine, Electric Machines, and Battery Packs, through the tools and process improvements you’ll be delivering.
We will endeavour to give you the most rounded experience possible. In exchange, we’ll be looking for creativity, drive, rigor, and excitement to assure extraordinary work.
You may be a motorsport enthusiast, a technology aficionado, or simply an admirer of perfection, we want you to be part of our history and join the ranks of those who dare to dream and push the art of the possible towards our future success.
What can we offer you?
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious, and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll be on track to achieve a minimum of 2:1, or above, in a relevant Mechanical Engineering, Motorsport Engineering or Automotive Engineering degree.
- Ideally you will be or have been actively involved in motorsport or have experience of assembling powertrains or vehicles outside of normal studies, this could be work experience or hobbies.
- An excellent understanding of a CAD package
- Creativity and innovation to overcome engineering challenges.
- You will be adaptable as no two days are the same with the pressure to be race ready.
- You will be a team player, who can effectively communicate with senior managers as well as your peers.
- Being self-motivated and thorough is essential as well as a keen interest in engineering and engineering solutions.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed.
What to do next:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter.
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager.
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre which will take place between November 2023 – March 2024
- If successful, your scheme will start in August/September 2024
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.