Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains, we offer a 12 Month Automation Engineering Placement programme to tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story. You will be working alongside a group of incredible engineers in a multi-functional environment to deliver Automation and new processes needed to build one of, if not the most powerful Power Unit in the world of F1. You will be able to immerse yourself in decades of innovation and the relentless pursuit of performance as we push the boundaries of what is possible.
Job no: 497532
Work type: Student
Department: Assembly Systems (Div)
Your team will ensure the meticulously engineered Power Unit components are manufactured and assembled with precision, without fault, and with great repeatability. Leveraging a plethora of technologies to achieve this within our own special purpose machines.
The multi-functional team typically takes an idea, schemed in the pages of a notebook. All the way through a myriad design and integration steps to deliver an exemplary Automation machine into production. Bringing novel manufacturing processes and product performance that simply cannot be bought from any other company. The challenges are real, the speed and dedication of the teams is unwavering, and the results are incredible.
Delivering in-house Automation machines depends on a long list of disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Software Designs, Machine Vision, Robotics, Regulatory Compliance, Kinematic Simulations and Offline Programming, Machine Building, and Commissioning, to name but a few.
With so many specialists in play, not one person could create a machine to the caliber of what we now expect. The same is true for this placement role, depending on your technical interest we would tailor your responsibilities, allowing you to excel in a field the suits you.
A typical role for our placement students is to develop our Automation process through creating and running trials and seeing these machines into production.
You will also have the opportunity to help manufacture the Internal Combustion Engine, Electric Machines, and Battery Packs, through the Automation machines and process improvements you’ll be delivering.
We will endeavor to give you the most rounded experience possible. In exchange, we’ll be looking for creativity, drive, rigor, and excitement to assure extraordinary work. You may be a motorsport enthusiast, a technology aficionado, or simply an admirer of perfection, we want you to be part of our history and join the ranks of those who dare to dream and push the art of the possible towards our future success.
What can we offer you?
Our benefits package includes:
- A salary of £23,500pa
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to a generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious, and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast-paced environment.
- On track to achieve a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant degree: Mechanical, Mechatronics, Motorsport, Automotive, etc.
- A strong academic background in relevant A-Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example math’s or Sciences.
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies.
- Self-motivation, adaptable, and creative.
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter.
- Within this we would like to learn as much about you as possible. Tell us about your hobbies and passions; related and unrelated to the scheme or degree you are studying as this will help you stand out against candidates that may have the same qualifications and grades as you.
- Please remember to list the grades you have achieved against the respective qualifications, employment and project experience.
- As part of our Diversity and Inclusion policy please do not put a photo of yourself on your CV.
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager.
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an online interview between November 2023 and March 2024.
- If successful, your scheme will start on August/September 2024.
We recognise that the ideal candidate for this role may not meet every requirement in this advert and understand that some applicants are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Mercedes AMG HPP our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring are critical to our success. HPP does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or group or class protected by any local law and we encourage applications from any background.
During your application process we are committed to providing additional support where it may be needed. If you need additional financial support to help attend Assessment Centres and Interviews you can apply to be considered to receive our Interview Travel Bursary which will provide full reimbursement for any travel expenses incurred. At the point of a successful invitation to interview please raise this with your Recruitment contact at HPP.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bear with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2023 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2023 GMT Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.