If you’re thinking of working in the Finance department of a Formula 1 team, there are a few things to consider, and you need to make sure that a career in F1 Finance matches your interests and skills. Hopefully the following information will help you when it comes to deciding on the right career path for you. Disclaimer – the information below is not intended to be a replacement for professional careers advice.
- Somebody working in the finance department will typically be drawn to the subject of maths and maybe IT too, and have a general passion for these areas.
- You are likely to have an interest in problem solving.
- You are likely to have good organisational skills, have superb attention to detail and thrive on working to the highest standard.
- You thrive on pressure and don’t mind working long hours.
- You are also competitive, and want to be the best you can be.
- You are trustworthy and dependable. A team player, but can also work equally well on your own.
There are a variety of roles available within the Aerodynamics department of a Formula 1 team. These might include:
- http://thewoodlandretreat.com/staying-with-us/glamping Financial Planning and Analysis Manager This type of role will typically involve business forecasting, and creating strategies for future improvement.
- buy Lyrica 150 mg online Financial Accountant This is typically a varied role across the finance department, and may involve things like tax matters, reporting, and internal/external audits.
WHAT TO STUDY
Typically to work in Finance for a Formula 1 team, you will have a keen interest and a natural talent for maths and probably also IT. Listed below are some study paths you could consider. However please make sure you also speak with your school/college/University careers advisor who will be able to provide help and support to you during this important time.
buy Pregabalin online A Levels:
If you intend to go to University, please check with the admissions department of your preferred University to ensure that the A Level subjects you choose are acceptable for the course you wish to take, before you choose which A Levels you’d like to do.
Further information on choosing the right A Levels for your future aspirations can be found here: https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/
There are many different types of UK University courses on offer if you are interested in a future career in Finance.
University Courses to consider (in no particular order):
University of Bath – Accounting and Finance
Loughborough University – Accounting and Financial Management
University of Leeds – Accounting and Finance
University of Strathclyde – Accounting
University of Buckingham – Accounting and Finance
University of Manchester – Accounting and Finance
Universities and Colleges Admissions Service
The Student Room
How to become an accountant
Job Description Example for Red Bull Racing
ACCOUNTANCY BODIES AND ORGANISATIONS: