FIA Girls on Track UK
Dare to be Different, which was a charity initiative founded by Susie Wolff and the Motorsport Association, to encourage more girls into motorsport, has now become FIA Girls on Track! This awesome initiative has a team of Ambassadors throughout the world of motorsport who inspire the next generation of females entering the industry.
FIA Girls on Track inspires girls by holding events throughout the year which are aimed at school girls to give them a taster of the industry. These events are held not only in the UK but in countries around the world, and the girls can try their hand at things like presenting, STEM tasks, pitstop challenges, fitness training and much more.
During the year there is a Community Connect event where FIA Girls on Track members and the Ambassadors come together in person to network with eachother. There are also special discounts and offers, as well as exclusive competitions. There is a lively Facebook community where FIA Girls on Track members and Ambassadors offer eachother advice and share their achievements.
Work life may still seems like years away, but there are still little steps you can take today that your future self will thank you for:
- Catch up on the latest industry news
- Research the latest developments
- Research new LinkedIn contacts
- Write a diary or create a scrapbook of the information you learn/things you find interesting – keep it fun!
- Read something motivational
- Visit our inspiration page
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Believe in yourself a little more than you did yesterday
- Do something that makes you smile 🙂