Dare to be Different
Dare to be Different, or D2BD as it’s otherwise known, is a charity initiative founded by Susie Wolff and the Motorsport Association, to encourage more girls into motorsport. D2BD have a team of Ambassadors throughout the world of motorsport who inspire the next generation of females entering the sport.
D2BD inspires girls by holding events throughout the year which are aimed at school girls to give them a taster of the world of motorsport. These events are held not only in the UK but in countries around the world, and the girls can try their hand at things like presenting, STEM tasks, pitstop challenges, fitness training and much more.
During the year there is a Community Connect event where D2BD members and the Ambassadors come together in person to network with eachother. There are also special discounts and offers, D2BD merchandise to purchase, as well as exclusive competitions. There is also a lively Facebook community where D2BD members and Ambassadors offer eachother advice and share their achievements.
Work life may still seems like years away, but there are still little steps you can take today that your future self will thank you for:
- Catch up on the latest industry news
- Research the latest developments
- Research new LinkedIn contacts
- Write a diary or create a scrapbook of the information you learn/things you find interesting – keep it fun!
- Read something motivational
- Visit our inspiration page
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Believe in yourself a little more than you did yesterday
- Do something that makes you smile 🙂