Website Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains
At Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains we offer a 42 month, award winning Advanced Apprenticeship Programme, which will tap into your passion and determination to win, giving you a real opportunity to contribute to our success story.
Based at our state of the art Research and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, we are responsible for the design, manufacture, testing and racing of the 8 – time World-Championship winning Formula 1 hybrid Power Units used by the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 team. We are also proud to supply Power Units to the Williams, Aston Martin and McLaren racing teams.
In addition to this, we are leading the transfer of state-of-the-art Formula 1 technology into the revolutionary Mercedes AMG Road Car “Project One”. As a Test Apprentice you will learn to set-up, test and pass-off components, sub-assemblies and power units within a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining extremely high quality standards, ensuring we are in the best possible position to continue winning F1 World Championships.
As a team we pride ourselves on sharing knowledge and will support you with a tailored 42 month development plan, designed to provide exposure to the breadth of engineering within F1 and Advanced Technology projects, all whilst being supported by our mentoring program. We are also pleased to have been awarded the 2017 Advanced Apprenticeship Provider by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Job no: 497168
Work type: Student
Department: Human Resources (Div)
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work and learn at the same time to achieve your Advanced Apprenticeship Standard incorporating a HNC in Engineering or similar (IMECHE accredited). By the end of your apprenticeship you will have developed the knowledge and skills to:
- Set-up test facilities, for example dynamometers and rigs
- Run tests on components, sub-assemblies and complete power units
- Review test results to identify problems
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Engineering) to ensure the development of the product is optimised
- Adhere to, create and maintain standard operating procedures for testing processes and other operations
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities.
Our benefits package includes;
- A salary of £18,500pa
- Performance bonus
- Podium bonus based on F1 results
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- Tenacious, curious and driven individuals who thrive in a fast paced environment
- For you to have completed (or be expecting to achieve by September 2023) a Level 3 BTEC or equivalent diploma
- For you to have achieved GCSE’s at grades equivalent to a C or above (4 – 9) in Maths and English Language
- You will need to have practical experience of working with internal combustion engines, including an understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- The ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, accountability, and initiative, along with taking a pride in the quality of work you produce
- A willingness to go the extra mile to help the team succeed
The application process:
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview which will take place between February – April 2023
- If successful your scheme will start on Monday 4th September 2023
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.
Please note, you must select your course code during the application process, this must be recognised by our external apprenticeship framework provider to make you eligible for the role you apply for. Please check with your school, or college, if you are unsure of your QAN course code before completing your application form. You must also meet the Skills Funding Agencies criteria for apprenticeship funding; please see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/education-and-skills-funding-agency for further information.
Applications close: 31 Mar 2023 GMT Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.