Website Red Bull Technology
For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Motorsport is the world’s most competitive engineering sector. At the pinnacle of motorsport, Formula One teams get to test their engineering prowess race by race against ultra-competitive peers in front of an audience measured in the hundreds of millions.
Working for Red Bull Racing is fundamentally different to working for any of our competitors. It has the technological expertise and facilities that you would come to expect from a world championship winning Formula One team but with an atmosphere that is uniquely Red Bull. Team spirit is the foundation of everything we do, with every job making a vital contribution to the development and racing of our Formula One cars. The work is not only demanding but the pace of development so fast that your feet will barely touch the ground – but job satisfaction really does not get any better than the winning feeling of making a real contribution to a grand prix-winning car.
Red Bull Technology is inviting candidates to apply for Industrial Placement positions within its Structures Department.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Working with the different groups across the design office to provide feedback and sign-off for car components and assemblies.
- Contribute to the structural design of the car
- Preparation, running, and post-processing of FEA models.
- Preparation of supporting hand calculations and reporting all work to Red Bull Technology standards.
- Developing physical testing routines and appraising subsequent data from R&D laboratory.
- Developing understanding of loading regimes and duty cycle through interrogation of track data.
- Develop problem solving and communication skills through working closely with fellow engineers
- Candidates wishing to apply for this role should possess an active interest in structural engineering and be able to demonstrate exposure to topics such as Structural Mechanics/Materials Failure/Composite Materials/Finite Element Methods either through taught modules or research projects.
- To be eligible for this placement applicants must be returning to higher education to study for at least 1 year after their placement year. Confirmation of this should be in place at time of application. While we would like to open this opportunity up to all applicants these positions are intended to be a work placement for students currently undertaking higher education and is therefore the eligibility requirement. Please do not apply if you do not fall within the requirements for this position.
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Sat, 7 Oct 2023
To apply for this job please visit redbulltechnology.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.