Website Formula 1
Want to be one of the hundreds of people that work together to make Formula 1 happen? We’re searching for an Apprentice to join our TV Systems Team on a 2 year fixed term contract. As part of this role, you will complete the following apprenticeship: Broadcast and Media systems engineer (integrated degree) (Level 6)
As a Media Systems Engineer Apprentice at Formula 1, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience supporting Media Systems in a live broadcast environment.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining broadcast video production environments.
- Learn about remote production workflows and contribute to their successful execution in broadcasting Formula One to the world.
- Understand the fundamental principles of IT networking and its application in broadcast media environments.
- Learn about the operational aspects of technical infrastructure for live video acquisition, storage, and contribution.
- Familiarise yourself with streaming video and audio across local and wide area networks.
- Gain knowledge of video distribution and contribution protocols such as SDI, NDI, RTP, SMPTE 2022/2110, SRT, and Zixi.
- Learn about Video Servers used for archive and replay, such as Grass Valley Livetouch, EVS, Rhode and Swartz Venice.
- Develop computer literacy skills across Windows, Linux, and macOS operating systems.
- Gain exposure to non-linear editing (NLE) software support and fine-tuning, using tools like Adobe Creative Cloud suite and Davinci Resolve.
- Acquire familiarity with scripting languages and command tools such as Bash, Python, and ffmpeg for media-related tasks.
- Gain exposure to social media streaming platforms and learn effective and secure streaming methods.
- Learn about Cloud technologies used in media workflows, with a focus on the AWS Elemental technical stack.
- Develop proficiency in using diagramming software like AutoCAD or Visio to visualise media workflows.
- A level A-C
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Good computer literacy
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Desire to gain and share and implement knowledge
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Efficient self-time management
- Ability to commute to Biggin Hill
To apply for this job please visit formulaone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.