Website Haas F1 Team
Formula 1 Team
When you join a team that never sits still, that’s hungry to make F1 history with every weld, every code, and every email we write, you will find yourself completely immersed in your role. To meet the challenges of competing in the highest class of international motor racing, you’ll help us innovate new ways of getting our team to the top.
Haas F1 is unique on and off the grid, and our most important resource, our soul, is our people, that’s just one reason why you can have so much of an impact here. Every member of our team is a full contributor to our results on the track, no matter which department or country you work in. At Haas F1 you’ll be involved in many different areas of the team, an assortment of projects and plenty of hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the world. Yes, you’ll learn from us, but we expect to learn from you too!
Join our team and make your passion your profession!
This position reports to the Head of R&D or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for quality checking new and existing components to defined quality processes and procedures. The role requires inspection, measurement and comparison of parts using all types of precision measuring equipment. Further to this core task the role is also required to provide assistance to the R&D group in undertaking component testing and servicing.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Work alongside the Quality Control Engineer working within the guidelines set out in the Haas Quality Manual.
- Work with the Supplier Quality Engineer to follow QA procedures including reporting and analysing information whilst resolving any issues and striving for continual improvements.
- Inspection of goods received, including dimensional and aesthetic checks to drawings and/or master samples
- Raising of concessions and rejection notes where appropriate, in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure parts are laser engraved with the identifying information required.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assist the R&D group in performing rig testing of components.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of R&D.
Education and Work Experience:
GCSE, High School diploma or equivalent required. Further education including Trade School, Apprenticeship or University Degree desired. Preferred 1 or more years of QA/QE work experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience gained in a similar role within high-level motorsport or aerospace will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within industry.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of CMM programming software and CAD software.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret technical drawings
- An understanding of the importance of quality in a manufacturing and customer serving environment.
- Experience of working in a Quality Control environment.
- Proven track record of quality audit and inspection of suppliers.
- Experience of working to standards such as ISO9001.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages to an intermediate level
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Diplomatic communicator with experience of writing letters and reports.
- Work to a consistently high standard in stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
- Work well within a team environment with personnel at all levels.
- A sympathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to integrate within a group environment.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Equipment and Applications:
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Knowledge of CMM Machine, assorted precision gauges, micrometers and various hand tools.
- Knowledge of Leica T-Probe and 3D scanner hardware and Polyworks software would be beneficial.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require some international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
Haas F1 team’s benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways we embrace hybrid working and core hours. No matter where you work at Haas F1, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources, get support with your fitness goals by working with our fitness instructors, physios and attending Yoga classes all held in our onsite gym. We offer everyone at Haas F1 the chance to share in the team’s success, being the only team on the grid that offers a race results bonus as well as an end of year constructor’s championship bonus.
You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Haas F1, such as our family days where we invite you and your family to spend quality time with our team, the drivers and the cars.
At Haas F1, Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion are fundamental of who we are. Our commitment to these ethics is steadfast and this promise travels with us wherever we are in the world. They are central to our mission and to our impact on the F1 Circuit. We know that having varied perspectives helps generate better ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing and increasingly diverse world.
Due to the nature of the organisation, all employees of Haas F1 Team are required to be security cleared to National Security Vetting standards. If successful in your application, we would support you with the NSV process. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years. Further confirmation can be found on the Civil Aviation Authority National Security Vetting (NSV) website https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Security/Vetting/National-security-vetting/
If you have not been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years, please be prepared to request an Overseas Criminal Records Check for these countries as you will be asked to provide this for referencing and security checks if you are successful.
To apply for this job please visit haasf1team.bamboohr.com.