Website Red Bull Technology
For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Technology have an exciting opportunity for an Undergraduate Student to spend a year as part of our Driver Academy. The placement will run from summer of 2024 for one year and offer the chance to demonstrate your enthusiasm and apply your knowledge to simulator running, model development, database maintenance and performance analysis. In this position, you will be working directly with future F1 drivers.
Based on our Milton Keynes Campus this unique role covers a wide range of different technical areas, each demanding a high level of computer literacy and a clear understanding of the principles of mathematics, physics, and engineering. Interpersonal skills, good organisation, efficient and clear reporting will be equally valued.
Successful candidates will have a keen interest in racing and performance simulation.
Expected Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience from at least one year of undergraduate study on either a mathematics, physics, or engineering based degree course
- Experience handling, processing, and understanding data from either virtual or physical testing – specifically importing open-source PDF data for analysis.
- Knowledge of engineering software for data analysis and display such as Matlab, PowerBI. Experience of data logging software in race car applications would be beneficial.
- Experience writing and preparing technical reports and documentation
Key Attributes of the Successful Candidate:
- Positive, can-do, attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to follow best practice and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to logically and methodically investigate faults and failures
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Sat, 7 Oct 2023
To apply for this job please visit redbulltechnology.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.