Website Red Bull Advanced Technologies
For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Advanced Technologies have exciting opportunities for undergraduate students to spend a year as a Composite Design Student Placement joining our Vehicle Design team. The placements will run from summer of 2024 for one year and offer the opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm and apply your knowledge in an open and dynamic environment.
Candidates wishing to apply for these roles should be studying towards an Engineering Degree. You must be computer literate, but with experience in carrying out hands-on tasks.
To be considered for this Composite Design Student Placement role, you will need:
- Designing and draughting of vehicle components or garage equipment
- Design and draughting of any tooling needed to manufacture your car components
- Developing proficiency in specialist areas of fault diagnosis, stress analysis, CAD design, CAD draughting
- The preparation of technical documentation to support your designs
- Developing problem solving and communication skills through working closely with designers, managers, mechanics and technical specialists from throughout the organisation
- Following best practice as defined by the department for all activities
Key Attributes of the successful Composite Design Student Placement candidate:
- Positive, can-do, attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to follow best practice and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to logically and methodically investigate faults and failures
The placement will be for 1 year, starting in the summer of 2024. To be considered for this Student Placement, please apply to this advert and submit both your CV and a one-page Cover Letter.
Not only is this a fantastic opportunity to complete your student placement at our championship winning team, but it is also a great opportunity to work with some of the greatest talents in F1. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too, such as a free daily food allowance, free gym access and fitness classes, multiple discounts and offers with our partners, free barista style coffee, unlimited Red Bull and much more!
Application closing date 23:59 (BST) 6th October 2023.
Job Posting End Date
Sat, 7 Oct 2023
To apply for this job please visit redbulltechnology.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.